top of page

Common Questions Asked

1) What makes you different from a collection agency?

A collection agency makes phone calls to your Debtor and charges you a percentage of what's due you. We do not call your Debtor(s), we sue your Debtor(s). We charge only a flat fee and NO percentage; with the Judge adding approximately one-half (1/2) of our fee on top of your judgment.

2) Does your fee include the court cost, and the expense of  process serving my Defendant?

YES, our fee includes  all costs to get you into court with your Debtor(s).

3) When do I pay you for your services?       

We sign an agreement with you as to exactly what action(s) will be performed. This agreement calls for us to pay for the court filing fee, and process serving expenses to compel your Defendant(s) to come to court; we therefore, require our fee to be paid at the signing of the agreement.

4) Can you go to the court hearing for me?

NO, there are no attorneys, or professionals allowed in Small Claims Court; that is why its referred to as "the people's court".  

5) How much can I sue for in Small Claims Court?

The maximum amount allowed to sue for in Small Claims Court, by an individual or sole proprietor is $12,500. Corporations and LLCs are limited to a $6,250 maximum. 

6) How old can the bad check or bad debt be for me to bring it into Small Claims Court?

For written contracts, (which includes checks), you can sue four (4) years from the date your Defendant broke, or defaulted on your contract, or written agreement; for oral agreements you have two (2) years.

For property damage (ie: auto accidents) you have two (2) years. This is referred to as the "Statute of Limitations".

7) Can I sue for damages for a bad check?

YES, Civil Code Section 1719 allows for three (3) times the amount of the check, to a maximum of $1,500.00.               

8) What if I do not have a current address for my Debtor?

We can perform a skip trace on your Debtor(s), and determine their current address for process serve.

Note: There is a separate fee for this service.

9) Once I receive the Judgment from the court, on my Debtor/Defendant, then what?

A Judgment not only allows you to place a lien on your Defendant's assets, but also allows you to take such collection actions as a "Bank Levy", and/or "Wage Garnishment". We perform these

procedures as well, for a separate fee; with the court once again adding a portion of our fee on top of your judgment. 

bottom of page